Times coverage: Suspect named in Valley Village restaurant killings
Times reporters Richard Winton and Robert Faturechi report on the naming of a suspect in the Valley Village restaurant shooting earlier this month that left four men dead:
Los Angeles police said Friday that they are searching for a 28-year-old suspected gun dealer in connection with the massacre of four men at a San Fernando Valley restaurant.
Nerses Arthur Galstyan is considered to be armed and very dangerous and is still at large somewhere in the city, possibly hiding with the aid of friends or relatives, said LAPD Chief Charlie Beck, speaking at news conference downtown.
Investigators said they believe anger was behind the attack April 3 against six acquaintances at the Hot Spot Mediterranean Restaurant on Riverside Drive in Valley Village.
Police said Galstyan was among a group of guests attending an afternoon celebration in honor of a friend who had died in an accident a year earlier. A quarrel broke out and Galstyan began shooting, they said. Hayt Yegnanyan, 25; Sarkis Karadjian, 26; Harut Baburyan, 28; and Vardan Tofalyan, 31, were killed, and two other men were wounded. Galstyan fled and remains at large, police said.
Keep reading: Suspect in Valley Village massacre is named
Top photo: Neres Galstyan is at large. He has also been indicted on federal weapons charges.
Bottom photo: LAPD Capt. Kevin McClure speaks during a downtown news conference announcing a suspect in the slayings at a Valley Village restaurant. Credit: Mark J. Terrill / Associated Press / April 9, 2010