A story for every victim
expand map

Follow the story:

Reward offered in 2010 murder of homeless woman

Police announced Tuesday a $50,000 reward for information leading to the conviction of the person responsible for the brutal killing of a homeless woman discovered in downtown Los Angeles more than 2 1/2 years ago.

Julie Ann Souza, 53, was found the morning of Dec. 12, 2010 in the 200 block of East Olympic Boulevard, police said.  Souza, who had been beaten and sexually assaulted, was discovered by a security guard.

Souza was homeless and known to hang out around the fashion district near Santee Alley, officials said.

"She was pretty much a loner," said LAPD Det. Steven Eguchi with the Robbery-Homicide Division.

At a news conference Tuesday, detectives asked for the public’s help finding Souza’s killer and publicized a $50,000 reward approved by the city council July 30.

Detectives did not provide any other information about Souza’s death.

Anyone with information is asked to call Eguchi or Det. Greg Stearns at (213) 486-6890. Those who wish to remain anonymous can call Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477.

-- Nicole Santa Cruz

Post a comment
Before you post, here are some answers to frequently asked questions: Remember, all posts are approved by a Times staffer. Profanity and personal attacks will not be approved.

  Required
  Required
Email addresses are not republished or used for marketing purposes.